Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting closer...

I had another weigh in today and I'm getting closer and closer to 200lbs! I can't wait to get into the 190s!!!! :)
I feel great! I had my doubts about whether I would lose this week because I feel I indulged myself a bit more than ususal with beer and a couple of low-point desserts (I also had the pre-cursor to "that time of the month" which only complicates things on the weight loss trail.). And yet, I still managed to lose another 1.4lbs! Wooohooo!

The meeting was about exercising, and I was surprised to find out there were still a few people who didn't exercise on a regular basis even though they're on weight watchers. Then everyone was giving this one guy ideas on why he should exercise and helpful things they can do, until this one older guy started rambling about his family member who had a stroke due to diabetes.

That's when I had to leave to go to zumba class, but I ask myself: Is a scare tactic like that likely to work? Don't most of us become obese despite the general knowledge that being so is bad for our health (much like smokers, who are sick and tired of knowing the ill effects of cigarretes and yet still do it anyway)? I hope this guy starts exercising for his own good, not because someone scared him into doing so.

Onto lighter subjects, this past weekend I went shopping and bought myself a pair of "aspirational jeans"! They're a nice pair of size 10 boot cuts. I'm going to be taking pictures of my progress with the jeans, until the day I can fit into them. I have no idea what exact size is my goal of 137 lbs, so If I get there and I'm a size 10, fantastic! If not, I'll just get a smaller size! ;)

My size 18 jeans are really lose on me, and I'm fitting into a 16.  Soon it will be 14, then 12, then 10!


Original weight: 222lbs
Current weight: 203.2lbs
Pounds lost: 18.8lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment