Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Why are weekends so tough?

This past weekend, though busy, was truly challenging towards my staying on points. A couple of beers and late night muchies probably set me back more than I'd like to admit. On the other hand, I did spend most of my waking hours on my feet and not on the couch, so that's a win.

So far this week I've been able to get back on track with my points and routine.  Going to the gym for at least 1 hr every night is really changing my habits. I've been coming home to feed my kids, do homework, and then off to the gym for 1 hour. By the time I get back (I often stop somewhere afterwards for a quick errand), it's 8:30 or almost 9. I shower and only then sit down to "do the internet" while watching TV. Since I'm tired from the day, I soon go to sleep sometimes before 10:30. Just like that, my evening routine has gone from 3:30 hours on the couch to 1:30 hours on the couch (if that!).

This is making me consider dropping HBO and reducing my cable package. For a TV junkie like me, this is truly remarkable!

Change is good, if it will make me stop being a couch potato and actually have a healthy lean body. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment