Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rude awakening - the points in eating out

So last night my friend and I went out to dinner at Applebee's. I wanted to go there because I knew they had WW menu options (I love the steak portobello).
All was going well until my friend said she wanted to order the "Maple Butter Blondie" as dessert, and that she wanted me to share it with her.

What should I have done? In hindsight, I should have said no, or convinced her to order one of the dessert shooters (the tiny ones that cost less).

Instead, I said it would be fine, and decided, since I had been good all day, that I could eat half and use some of my everyday points. I thought, how bad can this be??? Well... the dessert was delicious. There was a hot buttery sauce over icecream, pecans, and a cake.

When I got home I pulled up the Applebee's Nutritional Info to calculate my points. As I scrolled down  to find this decadent dessert, I was surprised as my eyes glanced over some of the callorie counts over some of the other menu items,(Crispy Orange chicken =2030, Quesadilla burger = 1420, Oriental chicken salad =1310...), and realized when i found the Maple butter blondie, it would not be good.

Are you ready for this? The Maple butter blondie had 52 grams of fat and 990 calories!!!! That's 23 points! I knew it would be bad, but I was not ready for just how bad it turned out to be.

Time to go burn half of it out in Zumba!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment